Thursday, May 23, 2013

Second morning in Korea

Puberty! (AKA 유진 AKA Korean sister) This morning, I quickly was exposed to the dynamic relation of family members in a Korean household, and I realized the vast similarities in this and my American society. This morning, I awoke to the sounds of my K. Mom yelling at her son to get and and get ready for class at a private language institute, which lasted for a good twenty minutes. 
As I read in my Korean history, I waited for everyone to get ready and head out. I wish my Korean was better because I wanted to have a more complex conversation about Korean history, but talking about Korean snacks was hard enough. 
 I should have taken a picture of my K. Sister as she was leaving. Her uniform was priceless. But now everyone has gone and I am eating breakfast. 
The rice is really delicious! The soup has a sort of salty fishy taste which is interesting, but I'm glad that I don't have to make anything to eat. Today, I am going to go to my private language institute alone by bus. It should be fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment